Friday, October 12, 2007

My Old Life

Ryan and I continued our house purge last weekend in preparation for our upcoming move. I painfully dumped hundreds of pages of engineering research, calculations, and design drawings into the dumpster. I had been saving so many important notes, homework, and projects from my classes- groundwater hydrology, artificial wetland design, wetland delineation and management, water and wastewater treatment system design, calculation of greenhouse gas emissions, filtration systems for aquaculture, etc.

The title of one paper made me laugh: Longitudinal Dispersion and Interstitial Velocity Relationship in Subsurface Flow Constructed Wetlands. Ten years ago, I knew what that meant.

I still feel like an environmental engineer, though. It's the way I approach community and discipleship. It's an organic process that requires engineering systems that foster the growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home