Monday, September 15, 2008

White

"White. A blank page or a canvas...so many possibilities."
- Sunday in the Park With George

That's exactly how I feel today. I thought I might wake up with some sadness about the end of Steel Magnolias, but it was just the opposite. I feel like I've got my life back and the possibilities are endless!

When you embark on the journey of creating theatre, your life is devoured by the giant sucking sound of the empty stage. Rehearsals dominate your calendar. Character development consumes your mental and emotional capacity. Tech week pushes you to the edge of your physical ability. And your character even consumes and overtakes your own personality at times.

Today, it's back to Heather, back to life, and I get to once again dwell in possibility. Looking forward to God's next adventure!

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Welcome back, Heather! Now you can return to the less cussing Heather. Or perhaps the more. Not sure.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Fun post, Heather. You express it well. Have fun being you again.
Let me know when the Great Falls thing will work!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You're not sad? I'm so insulted. JJ. Good for you! You need your life back. I'm sure Ryan will be very relieved.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger shuttergrace said...

welcome back to life my friend...I am always amazed, encouraged and inspired by what becomes of your blank canvasses and this time shall be no different, that I am sure of!

I am so glad we had this all consuming experience together though...makes the now that much more enjoyable ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home