Friday, November 20, 2009

Leadership List

Thanks to everyone for all the fantastic leadership book recommendations. Someone asked me to post the books that I have already read, so I will do that now. Once I have developed my to-read list for 2010, I will post that as well.

What's on my shelf that I would recommend:

Now, Discover Your Strengths (Marcus Buckingham)- This book helped me determine what I should be doing, what I shouldn't be doing, and how to manage around the stuff I should be doing but stink at. This book is required reading for our Protege Program.

Courageous Leadership (Bill Hybels)- This book helped me determine my leadership style. It's also required reading for our Protege Program.

Spiritual Leadership (Oswald Sanders)- This one is probably my favorite. It was the first book I gave to my zone leaders (small group coaches) eight years ago. Classic. And also required reading for our Protege Program.

Next Generation Leader (Andy Stanley)- To the point with great insights. Required reading for Protege Program.

Gifted to Lead (Nancy Beach)- Leadership for women.

Becoming a Person of Influence (John Maxwell)- First book on leadership I ever read for the purpose of growing in my leadership of a campus organization at Louisiana State University. About 12 years ago. Wow.

Others I really like:

The 360 Leader (John Maxwell)
Developing the Leaders Around You (John Maxwell)
Leaders on Leadership (George Barna)
Fish! (Steven Lundin)
Tribes (Seth Godin)
Spiritual Leadership (Henry Blackaby)
A Fish out of Water (George Barna)
Five Dysfunctions of a Team (Patrick Lencioni)

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks Heather! I have them written down and am heading to the library now! Stay tuned...

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

would you be willing to share lists from the other topics you've focused on?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Yep! I'll post on that next...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home