Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Leaders in My Life

I just got back from a crazy busy week. Spent 3 days in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore praying, dreaming, and scheming with my fellow teammates at National Community Church. Then, I rose early on Thursday morning with Team D to head for the Right Now Conference in Dallas. There, I got to hang out with some of the brightest minds in small group world and learn from some of the most passionate people in the Church. On Saturday, I hung out at the NCC Unplugged Conference back in DC.

It was a week in which I was surrounded by leaders worth following. Some of them lead down. They are my mentors and disciplers. The people who have been around the block more times than me that have wisdom and experience that I need to learn from. Some of them lead across. We are doing similar jobs in similar places. We are in the same foxhole. We can encourage one another and learn from one another on the go. Some them lead up. They are the people that I am technically supposed to be leading but I often stop and wonder who is actually leading whom.

I'll be blogging about these people over the next few days. Those who lead down, who lead across, and lead up in my life. We all need leaders like that.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Steve Corn said...

Sounds like a nice series. I'm curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home