Friday, February 03, 2006

Icebreakers

Okay, I admit it. I hate icebreakers. I realize I am supposed to be the master of icebreakers. That's part of the job description of a good small groups leader, right? If I have to hear one more round of "what cartoon charater are you" or "if you could be any vegetable what would you be?," I think I will scream.

Yet icebreakers can serve a very valuable purpose in a group. They can, as their name says, break through barriers and walls and help build community in a matter of seconds. Some of the best relationships I have formed in small groups have been the result of a connection I made to a person because of an answer to an icebreaker question.

Anybody have any good icebreaker ideas? One of our leaders had a good one last semester. You can read about it here. It required a bit of homework, but it was fun homework.

I would love to hear some more great icebreaker ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home