Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heading Out With the Hungry Mothers

I'm heading out in t-minus about 2 minutes to hang out with the Hungry Mothers. Okay, none of us are mothers (or anywhere close to being that, as far as I know), but we are pretty much hungry all the time.

These three women have been my friends, my co-leaders, my road trip buddies, my cheerleaders, and my butt-kickers for a long time. In 2000, we started an (almost) annual tradition called "Hungry Mother" because we met up for a weekend retreat at Hungry Mother State Park. In addition to the retreat that is still called Hungry Mother, we also try to catch up about once a month or so to encourage, challenge, and just do life together. For some reason, we just started calling every hang-out time a "Hungry Mother" event.

Today, we are heading out to Kitty Hawk, NC for a little rest, fun, and whatever trouble we can find to participate in. I've been needing a break for a while, so I'm super excited to hit escape velocity from the Beltway and spend some time in orbit around the beach. Looking forward to reading, running along the beach, tossing the pigskin, praying, journaling, laughing, and, well, eating.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger regena sawyer said...

ya'll have fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home