Thursday, October 30, 2008

Write to Think

I was going over some old notes today in preparation for launching into some writing assignments that I need to do. I came across a quote from Don Everts, "I write to think." That resonated with me so much!

I've been really struggling over my calling as a writer. I think it's something I need to be doing. It's just not something I particularly enjoy doing or feel gifted in doing. I'm not a Mark Batterson who feels "as called to write as he does to preach." For me, I feel as called to advocate for the arts as I do to preach. But all of these writing doors keep opening up.

Writing to think. That makes sense to me. The more I write, the more I learn. About issues, about God, about others, about myself. It forces me to make sense (or try to make sense) of the confusion around me and find balance in the tensions. And perhaps that is why it's part of my calling.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

As a writer myself, I always come back to Ephesians 5:1 - Watch what God does and then do that. From this side of the screen, it looks like God is in need of a writer with exactly your skills and passions.

Just a thought!

AVA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home