Friday, July 17, 2009

Giddy

While I'm feeling energetically drained, I'm also feeling giddy (Heather Zempel is experiencing an awful lot of emotion today!) The giddiness is coming from my brand new ESV study Bible! This is the first study Bible I have purchased since high school. And that one was New King James Version. I figured it was about time to invest in a new one with new notes and new translation.

For whatever its worth, I typically read out of something like NLT or NIV. Study out of NASB. Stretch by reading out of Message. And now I'm excited about diving into ESV.

I know it's probably weird-- especially considering how consumeristic we can get in the US about religious goods and services-- but there is something about purchasing a new Bible that re-invigorates my desire to read it and study it.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jonathan Shradar said...

Oh the truth you will learn! It is an amazing study bible.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I agree. I love new Bibles. I'm also coveting the ESV Study Bible -- as if I needed ANOTHER Bible. We are so spoiled...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Randall Neighbour said...

If I count the number of Bibles I own it would be shameful! I love buying new ones though... new translations in real leather binding. Oh the smell of a new genuine leather Bible!!!!!

My next one will be The Message in leather... if I can actually find it under $75.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home