Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To Nashville

At 3pm EST, Ryan and I begin our annual journey across I-81, I-66, and I-40 to the McClure house in Nashville, Tennessee for Sawyer-McClure-Zempel Thanksgiving. Here are some things I'm looking forward to:
  • Turkey
  • Pie
  • Watching Auburn upset the Tide in the Iron Bowl
  • Watching LSU destroy Arkansas
  • Catfish and fried dill pickles at Cock of the Walk
  • Corky's BBQ
  • Chasing my two-year-old niece, Ruthie
  • Being a cheesy tourist at the Opryland Hotel
  • Belting showtunes for ten hours (with the break for the obligatory country tune once we cross over to Tennessee)
  • Playing epic games of Settlers of Catan
  • Catching up with some friends
Actually, I'll probably spend the majority of the time sleeping and eating. Love it. Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wave to Hungry Mother State Park! Also, eat a Christie Cookie for me! (Leslie)

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ah how well I remember this trek. Such a good time. Thanks for letting me be part of a Sawyer Thanksgiving. Good times, good food, good friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home