I am going to start my FAQ series today. I occasionally receive emails from people asking questions or requesting materials related to our small group ministry at NCC, and I want to post some of my responses here.
I want Wineskins to be an opensource site, so please use comment threads to post your own answers to these question, ask clarifying questions, or challenge my points.
Here are some of the questions I hope to answer over the next several weeks:
Small Group Philosophy
- What is a “free market system” for small groups?
- How do you do discipleship when you meet in rented facilities?
- How do I start small groups in my church?
- What if the church has a bad taste in its mouth because small groups were tried and failed in the past?
- What is the discipleship map?
- Is the discipleship map implemented by individuals or groups?
- Do you focus the entire church on one aspect of the map at a time?
- Can people take a non-linear path through the map?
- What is Alpha?
- What is Crown Financial?
- What is Journey?
- What is The Story?
- What is Inward Bound?
- What is Upward Bound?
- What is Spiritual Experiments?
- Why do you use a semester system?
- What are the dates of the semesters?
- What is the small group magazine?
- How do you connect newcomers with a small group?
- Can someone join a group mid-semester?
- What is Marriage Matters?
- How do you recruit leaders?
- How do you train leaders?
- What is the annual leadership retreat?
- What is the leadership summit?
- What are zone meetings?
- What is Leadership 101?
- What is the process for someone to become a leader?
- How do your structure your leadership?