Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Team Kenya


I'm going to Kenya. And I cannot wait. It's been a life goal to go to Kenya ever since I fell in love with the Kenyan people in college. The first small group I led consisted of one white girl (me) and many Kenyans. I ate lots of beef stew and ugali, and I learned to love chai before it became trendy. My friend Daniel Moriasi, a fellow biological engineering grad student, became an adopted member of the Sawyer family and tried his best to teach me some Swahili in return for some lessons in American slang.

So now I'm finally going. NCC is going on a mission trip to Nairobi, and I have the privilege of leading the team. There are 50 people interested in going on the trip! I think the final team will probably be somewhere between 15-20 people. I'll post more soon on our destination, purpose, objectives, and needs.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm excited for you and jealous. I'm sure it will be an incredible experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home