Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Story Begins...


I am so excited about The Story starting tomorrow night. Leading The Story is one of my favorite things about my job! Last year, we had about 80 people join the high-speed thrill ride through the entire Bible in 3 nights.

I love the Bible, and I desperately want other people to love the Bible and be swept away by the incredible story that God is writing throughout history. Our generation and culture is so consumed with ourselves. Even within the church, we have placed so much emphasis on discovering our destiny, understanding our identity, discovering God's will for our lives, 5 keys to improve our marriages, and on and on and on. All the while, we forget that it really doesn't have anything to do with us. It's about Jesus. We only discover all these things when we see ourselves against the backdrop of God's story. And we find that in the Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home