Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Boycott Hell

My sister works for EMI/Christian Music Group and just sent me the following about an event she attended last night:
It was a great evening for our company topped off by a special ASCAP Vision Award tribute to DeGarmo and Key for 30 years of pioneering Christian Rock! Eddie and Dana reunited the original band and brought the house down with amazing performances of “Rock Solid” and “Boycott Hell “. You all would have been proud of Eddie.
I am jealous. You see, I am a child of 80's CCM (Contemporary Christian Music)-- Petra, Stryper, Whiteheart, Amy Grant, etc. And of course, the guitar-shaped-keyboard playing Eddie DeGarmo and Dana Key. In my youth group days, I proudly wore a black Boycott Hell t-shirt.

Good times...

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger David Rudd said...

that is sweet...

but do you remember Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart?

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Oh yeah-- absolutely! "Look up-- trains up in the sky"

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Jessi said...

Me too...I got so excited the other day when they played back-to-back Mylon songs over the 'flashback lunch hour' on our local Christian radio station...my kids were in the car, rolling their eyes...my 6 year old very sympathetically said, "Mom, didn't they have ANY good worship music when you were young??" (He's a big Crowder fan...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home