Monday, April 16, 2007

Chasing Lions Like a Headless Chicken

I love Mark Batterson's In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. In fact, it looks like I'll be writing the small group curriculum for it (more on that later...) But one of the big questions that comes up when people read it is, "How do I know if 'XY and Z' is a lion that God wants me to chase?"

Great question. Right now, I am facing a few lions that all seem to be running in a million different directions. I would be running around like a chicken with its head cut off if I attempted to chase them all. Chasing all of them makes no sense, and the idea makes me tired. So...I tend to just sit down and watch them run.

And some of the lions are just plain scary. This weekend, one of the leaders at our Alpha retreat said, "You should ___________." Roar. Yeah, I hear it. Trying to ignore it.

This is a weird place for me. I tend to be more of a lion-chaser type of person by nature. I love the risk, thrill, and adventure and I'm not afraid of the potential failure. I'm afraid of chasing the wrong one. I guess it's time to prioritize and start running. At least God can redirect me if I run. It's kinda hard for him to redirect someone who is sitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home