Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kenya: Ten Things to Remember

I just posted Ten Things to Remember on our Team Kenya blog, and I thought I'd list them here, as well:
  1. Chapati
  2. Java House
  3. Steph Modder leading worship in Swahili
  4. Heather Gonzales sleep-talking (Doug, bugs, etc)
  5. Bumpy bus rides through the streets of Nairobi
  6. Arriving at the Kichwa Tembo tented camp at Maasai Mara
  7. Puking out the window of the bus
  8. Excited kids grabbing Book of Hope and “making melody in my heart”
  9. Tanny Ho’s Mary Poppins-like bag, complete with 3 flashlights, sewing kit, and bubble wrap
  10. Late nights and early mornings under big African skies

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great memories Heather! Although, I don't remember number 7...it's probably best anyway...

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Yeah-- the early risers for the professional breakfast on Monday morning got to enjoy that little moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home