Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Psalm 119:23

"Even princes sit and speak against me, but I will meditate on your principles."

I get upset when anybody speaks against me, much less princes. I know I've already mentioned old Petra songs at least once during this devotional series, but this verse reminds me of their song, God-pleaser-- I want to be a God pleaser, don't want to be a man pleaser. It's so easy to take my focus off of the main thing-- loving God and glorifying his name. I have to keep coming back to that place where I realize that I play for an audience of One. Period. Regardless of what is going on around me, what people are saying, or what people are thinking, I can live in a way that is pleasing to God. And that will only happen if I remain rooted in his Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home