Friday, October 26, 2007

Addiction

Hello. My name is Heather. And I am addicted to Facebook. This addiction started on October 18, 2007.

What a crazy world! I've reconnected with high school friends, elementary school friends, old theatre buddies, blog readers. It's insane. It's also making me think a lot about how we train leaders and create community in our leadership teams. Right now, we've got zonegathering.com where we do a lot of online training, community building, and vision casting. It's a supplement to our leadership summits, leadership retreat, and zone/team meetings. But I'm wondering if there's a better way.

I know at least one NCC group is using Facebook to connect throughout the week. Are there any other small groups doing that? Some churches (including NCC now) are using Facebook as a way to network their members. Are there any churches using Facebook to connect their leadership community specifically?

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger scott aughtmon said...

Hey Heather,

I know you were thinking about Facebook as a way to connect NCC, which I think is a good idea.

But another option is you can make your own social network site here:
http://www.ning.com

I'll look for you on Facebook and add you to my friends list.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

I think there's a church that meets on Facebook. Maybe? Lifechurch.tv's blog mentioned something about that.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Chris Meirose said...

A segment of our church is using Facebook as the photo directory. Our Sunday night church service is called "Sanctuary" and everyone from that service is starting to connect intentionally via Facebook.

Sanctuary Service of CrossRoads Church on Facebook

Big Chris

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about myspace?

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger beniah said...

me too. Ironically, my psedo addiction started after hearing a sermon on how people spend too much time on facebook. I had never really looked at it before, it's really helps the user to see what friends are up to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home