Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Honor

Yesterday I led our morning staff meeting, and I read a passage from Romans 12 that contains one of my new favorite verses: "take delight in honoring each other." The Holman Christian Standard Bible translates it like this: "outdo one another in showing honor."

I've been on a soapbox for a couple months now about the lack of respect and honor that we show in our culture. Granted, I am in no way becoming the solution to this problem in my own life. But I have spent a good bit of time thinking about how we can obey this command. How do we truly and authentically honor one another? Do people have different "honor" languages like they have "love languages?"

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Chris Jarrell said...

Amen! I believe people need to honor each other and culture is lacking it. I am so with you on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home