Monday, May 12, 2008

The Old Testament in 127 Minutes

I just finished doing the second night of The Story, in which I tackle several thousand years of Old Testament history in one night. We started with the creation, moved to Patriarchal history, explored slavery in Egypt, escaped into the wilderness, conquered the Promised Land, fell from God and turned to God under the judges, celebrated Israel's Golden Age under the reigns of Saul, David and Solomon, split into two kingdoms, listened to and ignored the warnings of the prophets, got deported under the Assyrian and Babylonian invasions, survived the exile, returned to rebuild the temple and the wall, and are now waiting expectantly in God's 400 year silence for the coming of Messiah.

All in 127 minutes. Whew! My goal is to do it in 2 hours, so I was 7 minutes over. I did give a very generous 7 minute break between the rule of Solomon and the divided kingdom, so I will claim those minutes and call it even.

Someone asked me what I do when I finish this 2-hour craziness. I can't remember what I've done in previous years. But tonight, I'm going home to read the last 100 pages of the final Harry Potter book. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home