Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scotland- Day 2

Had a great time hanging out at the Unplugged Conference today. Just a few nuggets:

Tony Foley, Eikon Church, Edinburgh, Scotland
  • "Truth is not a precept; truth is a person."
  • "Does the Bible give you a relationship with Jesus or does Jesus give you a relationship with the Bible?"
  • "Whether you are harvesting in a wheat field or a quarry, Jesus is with you."

Andrew McCourt, Cornerstone City Church, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • "You can only reproduce who you are."
  • "Our highest call is not the work that we do but the worship that we give."
  • "Being relevant does not just mean being recent."

After the conference, Joel, Juliet, Ryan and I headed up The Crags with Kate Schimdgall. Fantastic view of Edinburgh, but I should have stopped at the hotel to change into my hiking boots. After enjoying the view from the top, I literally did the butt-scooting boogie down the hill. Kate got some sweet video that I'll have to post later.

Speaking of Dave and Kate Schmidgall, their apartment on the Royal Mile is amazing. Here are some shots from their living rooms windows.



The Fringe Festival is in full swing, and Ryan and I were thrilled to find a theatre group was performing Assassins. Had we known that Mark, Juliet, Joel, and Dave C would want to go with us, we probably wouldn't have acted so thrilled. Now, they want to shoot us. I was actually fairly happy with it, given it was a Fringe performance by a bunch of very young European actors trying to channel frustrated Americans disenchanted by the American Dream.

Tomorrow- less conference, more conversation, and more Fringe.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Why do you guys get to do all the fun stuff? It's not fair! :( I miss you two!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Laura Mc said...

Assassins?!?!? LOL. I was just singing what I could remember of the Buffalo song to Ruthie the other day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home