Friday, August 22, 2008

Scotland- Day 3

This blog post will be boring and lame because it's like 12:30am here and I can't remember when I slept last.

Finished up the Unplugged Europe Conference today. Had a blast sharing about NCC's small group strategy and learning from what other folks are doing. It sounds like these churches are experimenting with similar forms of small group expressions. I'm also very excited about taking a team to Andrew McCourt's church in Northern Ireland in February; it's going to be an awesome trip!

This afternoon, Juliet, Dave, Ryan, and I took off for a little sightseeing. We hit Edinburgh Castle and got a tour from a jolly young Scotsman. Then, we took a plunge into the Whiskey Heritage Experience. Um, that was dumb. Dave Schmidgall told us the whiskey tour was fantastic; evidently, there's more than one along the Royal Mile.

Tonight, Ryan and I hit Songs for a New World at the Fringe. It was really good. Better than Assassins. The cast was kinda young, so I'll give them some slack on some of the vocal weaknesses. And the band was fantastic. So yeah...today was a win.

I'm too tired to download and upload pictures, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. I know you are all on pins and needles.

Did I mention I'm really tired?

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I love Songs for A New World!! How cool that you got to see it there in such a cool place!! See you VERY soon!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Erin- alright, if you like Songs for a New World, then I'm pretty sure we are going to be friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home