Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everything is an Experiment

I think I'm going to start blogging on the 10 points I made during my breakout session at Willow Creek Group Life Conference, Everything is an Experiment: Creative Community for Emerging Generations.

Here is the outline:
  1. Understand Cultural Trends; Embrace Individuals
  2. Give Young Adults a Platform
  3. Harness the Power of Creativity
  4. Validate Community Where It Exists
  5. Make Groups Experiential, Intellectual, and Relational
  6. Make Discipleship Non-Linear
  7. Discover a Rhythm
  8. Harness the Power of Story
  9. Harness the Power of Technology
  10. Be You
If you are interested in listening to the audio from the session, you can purchase it here. You can download the MP3 here. I'll start blogging on these ideas in depth next week.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger PB said...

"Make Discipleship Non-Linear" - I would so love for you to expand on this...I tend to think of discipleship as crossing a succession of thresholds which has a linear feel to it...I would love another picture to work with.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

pb-

It's still something I'm thinking through. And I've written a little about it here: http://discipleshipgroups.blogspot.com/2006/09/faq-whats-deal-with-non-linear.html

But I'll be blogging more about it soon.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended the WillowCreek conference and loved your everything is an experiment breakout. I especially appreciated the "glowing pickle." You gotta love live feed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home