Looking for a Few Good Proteges
It's application time for the 2009-2010 NCC Protege Program.
The Protégé Program is a year-long intensive spiritual growth, leadership development, and ministry immersion experience at National Community Church. As an NCC Protégé, you will be given the opportunity to learn from some of the most innovative thinkers and creators in ministry, participate in the day to day activities of church staff culture, stretch yourself as a leader, and lay a firm foundation for a life-long pursuit of the passion and vision that God has placed on your life.
NCC Proteges will choose one ministry area— discipleship, media, missions/outreach, children/youth, worship, coffeehouse ministry, college ministry, or church planter in residence—in which they will specifically focus their ministry efforts during the year and for which they will receive special training.
NCC Proteges will gain experience in the following areas:
- Attend Learning Labs- make new discoveries in leadership development, spiritual growth, and ministry methods from members of the NCC teaching team.
- Develop a Spiritual Growth Plan
- Develop a Leadership Development Plan
- Serve on the Alpha Team
- Lead small groups and ministries
- Participate in an NCC missions experience
- Serve at weekend worship gatherings, outreach projects and leadership development events
- Build community with fellow members of your Protégé class through weekly study, prayer, and reflection groups
- Be mentored by your ministry-focus department leader
- Attend leadership development conferences with the NCC team
If you would like more information on becoming an NCC Protégé, check out our FAQ or send an email to me.
I love all of our Proteges, but I'm especially partial to those seeking to serve in the Discipleship department. Let me know if you are interested!