Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mike Hurt: Phases of Group Growth

I love Mike Hurt. He is currently serving as the lead pastor of Parkway Church, but when I met him, he was serving as the small groups pastor at McLean Bible Church just a few miles down the road from us. Mike bent over backwards to invest in me when I first came on board as discipleship pastor at NCC, and I'm always grateful for the opportunity to learn from him.

In this quick video, Mike talks about the four phases of group life- the friendly phase, the friendship phase, the growth phase, and the future sharing phase.

As a church that operates on a semester system, an understanding of these phases can be incredibly helpful and disturbingly challenging. I thought it was worth passing along.



Find more great resources at Small Group Exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home