Thursday, August 20, 2009

What I'm Reading Now

I've got a ton of books that I'm really excited about jumping into. The ones that are bookmarked right now include:

Sabbath (Dan Allender)- If I had to list the one area that God has really been dealing with me about, it's this. I found Mark Buchanan's The Rest of God to be one of the most practical and theologically helpful books I've read in a long time, so I'm following it up with Allender's slightly different perspective. So far, it's good, too.

The War of Art (Steven Pressfield)- Recommended reading from Rob Bell. I like to balance reading on the left side of the brain and the right side. The title resonated with me because I discovered it back in the spring while working on Sacred Roads-- which was a daily fight.

Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln (James Humes)- I'm really focused on strengthening my communication/preaching skills. This one came recommended by story-teller extraordinaire Ben Arment.

Some of the books in the on-deck circle include The Journals of John Wesley, Leadership Coaching, and Reframing Theology and Film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home