A Short List of Wins From the Orange Conference
My heart is pretty full of gratitude and my head is full of great content to process, but here is a short list of wins from the 2010 Orange Conference:
- Locking my car keys IN the car along with all of our bags on our way to the airport, requiring me to sprint to Union Station and back to track down my husband who had his cell phone turned off. We still made it to the airport before the rest of our team.
- Running into old youth group buddy turned Anglican priest Stuart Shelby and being moved by the adventure God is giving him.
- While catching up with Stuart Shelby, running into our old youth pastor, Stuart Hall, and reminiscing about the crazy days at Dauphin Way Baptist Church.
- Listening to the Ortbergs share their experience and wisdom-- so thankful for their leadership and teaching gifts.
- Getting lost on the way to Steak and Shake.
- Hanging out with the gang from The Walk at the Steak and Shake.
- Listening to Perry Noble give it straight about the importance of family ministries.
- Talking with a room full of leaders about the messiness of community and how to navigate that. Thanks for the opportunity, Mike Jeffries.
- Leaving the conference later than planned, then going 25 miles IN THE WRONG DIRECTION on the way back to the airport, and STILL making our flight.
- The joy of hanging out with an amazing team of friends and fellow-NCC leaders, dreaming about our future, celebrating one anothers' gifts, and laughing until we hurt.