Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Alpha Day Away and Revenge of the Sith

This past weekend was really busy. On Saturday afternoon, I spoke at the Alpha Day Away. It's like a mini-retreat where the participants hear about the person and the work of the Holy Spirit. Nicky Gumbel gives some of the best talks on the Holy Spirit I've ever heard. Sometimes, the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts are either ignored or packaged in weirdness. But Nicky just puts the Scripture out there and leaves you longing for more of the Holy Spirit's work in your life. For the past few semesters, I have done one of the talks live, "What does the Holy Spirit Do?" It's always fun and it's overwhelming to see God at work in the lives of seekers, new Christians, and old Christians looking to put down new roots.

Then, I had to scram back to NCC to preach at our Saturday night service. It was Episode II of our annual God at the Box Office series, and I was preaching on SW3 Revenge of the Sith: Choosing Your Destiny. We had ridiculous technical difficulties on Saturday night, but our amazing production team pulled it off. The Sunday morning services went a lot smoother.

Now, I am gearing up for our Buzz Conference!

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Absolutely. It should be available by podcast now. Or I can send you a CD version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home