Sunday, December 10, 2006

Godspell Auditions

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about Godspell auditions tonight. For several years, I've dreamed of producing Godspell, and that dream is beginning to materialize. Written by Stephen Schwartz and John-Michael Tebelak, Godspell tells the story of Jesus and his disciples based on the Gospel of Matthew. The plan is to open the show the weekend before Easter and run it through Easter.

I'm excited about this production for a couple of reasons. One, I think it will be another opportunity for the church and community to cross paths. I hope people will find Christ because of their experience at Godspell. Two, I hope this creates an environment for people to further explore the arts in worship. We have amazing creativity and buried inside these Hill staffers, lobbyists, and attorneys at NCC, and I'm excited about giving them the opportunity to explore those God-given talents.

One of our core values is Everything is an Experiment. This is definitely an experiment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home