Thursday, July 26, 2007

On the Desk Today...

I'll be reading about pneumatology and ecclesiology today. Those are just really big fancy words for the Holy Spirit and the church. I've really been enjoying this Theology 101 class, but it's requiring massive amounts of prep work. I read over 500 pages last week on the doctrine of salvation, and it covered a wide range of perspectives at just about every point along the Arminian/Calvinism spectrum. That will blow your brain to little tiny pieces.

The Holy Spirit and the Church are probably my two favorite topics, so I'll enjoy the reading assignments today.

Next week is End Times. Ugh. Anybody want to fill in for me?

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

sheesh!! It's exhausting my brain just to read your agendas!! I'm muddling through a book on End Times at the moment entitled - get this - End Times made simple. hahahaha isn't that a good one?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Jessi- I wouldn't trust any book that is entitled "End Times Made Simple." That is hilarious! Although, I think we can boil it down to this: Jesus wins!

Seriously-- I think Revelation was primarily written to reveal a PERSON-- Jesus Christ reigning in glory and victory- and not to reveal a series of events.

But I digress...

Let me know how the book goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home