You can hear the desperation in the voice of the Psalmist. It's easy for us to know and understand God's principles. It's the action that proves difficult. As Pastor Mark has said, most of us are educated well beyond our level of obedience.
The word "consistently" jumps out at me on this one. It's not enough to do right some of the time; consistency is the key. We see this theme throughout Scripture; here are just a few:
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Keep on being filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)
- In eating and drinking, and in everything you do, do it for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Keep on loving one another (Hebrews 6:11, 13:1)
- Keep on doing what is right (1 Peter 4:19)