Monday, July 16, 2007

Psalm 119:1

Happy are people of integrity, who follow the law of the Lord. (v1)

I'm beginning my journey through Psalm 119 today, and I woke up thinking about this verse. Verse 1 is the thesis statement of the entire chapter. How often do I think about my happiness being related to integrity? Have I ever thought about setting a life goal of "being a person of integrity?" Do my daily actions reflect a desire for a life of integrity?

A few years ago, a joint study conducted by the UCLA Graduate School of Management and Korn/Ferry International surveyed 1,300 senior executives about qualities needed to succeed in business. Seventy-one percent of them cited integrity as the character quality most needed to succeed in business.

The Psalmist connects integrity to following God's law. Happiness is connected to following God's law. Do I long to know and follow God's law like the writer of Psalm 119?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home