Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Psalm 119:10

"I have tried my best to find you-- please don't let me wander from your commands."

This reminds me of the same desperation we heard in verse 8: "please don't give up on me." When was the last time I truly searched for God as though my life depended on it? The NASB translates the verse "I have searched for you with all my heart," and that phrase pops up over and over again in Psalm 119, included verses 2 and 145.

It also reminds me of Matthew 7:7, "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." I love the way the NLT translation captures the continuous tense of the verbs-- I need to keep asking, seeking, and knocking. I've got to keep pressing forward.

I need to get desperate in my search for God, and digging into Scripture is the best way to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home