Friday, August 03, 2007

Psalm 119:12

"Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your principles."

This phrase "teach me your principles" shows up six different times in Psalm 119, and all of them are in response to the praiseworthiness of God. I need to learn God's truth because it brings praise and worship to him. I think we are seeing a recurring them in this chapter-- praise God and obey him. It's really that simple. Why do I make following God so much more complicated than it really is? I'm not saying it's easy-- it's not. What I'm saying is that it's not a lot of stuff to remember and do.

Sometimes when I think of all the "programs" we've established to disciples people and help them grow in their faith, I wonder if we are really just making things more convoluted. What would a discipleship program look like that was built around "praise God" and "obey God?" What if those were the only two things we urged people to do?

Now I'm thinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home