Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I Hurt

Ryan and I went to Harpers Ferry over Labor Day to celebrate our anniversary (I was preaching on our actual anniversary weekend). We did a little hike on Sunday afternoon and then paddled 13 miles down the Potomac River yesterday. Our anniversary trips always seem to involve lots of physical exertion and Civil War battlefields. Two years ago, we went to a bed and breakfast near Luray Caverns and hiked the New Market Battlefield. Last year, we went to ride roller coasters at Hershey Park and saw For the Glory at Gettysburg. Some day, we may come to the conclusion that a beach vacation would be a perfectly acceptable anniversary trip. But for now, that just seems boring.

So here's why I hurt. It's not from the climbing or the paddling. It's from the sun. The tops of our legs got fried. We thought about staying home from work today and calling in sick...or better yet, calling in stupid...for not using sunscreen. I grew up in Alabama, so I've experienced my fair share of sunburns. This is the worst I've ever experienced.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that we will have to send you and Ryan an ample supply of sun screen for your anniversary present next year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home