Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Randomness

Just a few random thoughts:
  • Is it wrong to listen to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" while researching/writing for sermons?
  • LSU Football is awesome! Way to geaux, guys!
  • The Chase the Lion small group curriculum seems to be flying off the shelves. One of my old small group buddies from LSU is leading his youth group through it this fall.
  • Four people left our 11:30 service this weekend when I started preaching. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they all had emergencies. But there's always this notion in the back of my head that it's because I'm a woman and I'm exegeting the Scriptures. I don't really blame them; I totally understand and appreciate their views. This weekend, people left during the video service, but I've seen them leave when I've been preaching live. And dang, it's distracting.
  • I'm having a blast leading The Story at a women's Bible study in Georgetown.
  • I love hanging out at the National Cathedral. I get inspired every time I go there and encounter God's presence in new ways.
  • My sister is about to pop with my niece. Can't wait!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Laura Mc said...

well, maybe not quite ready to pop (though I look it and feel it). About 5 weeks to go...

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

I've never had anyone actually walk out, but hearing that people discussed afterward whether it was really 'right' for women to preach was unnerving enough, because I too, understand and appreciate their view... Can't imagine how distracting that would be to actually see people leave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home