Friday, December 21, 2007

The Top 10: My Shakespeare

During my trip to NYC, I contemplated which Shakespearean roles I would most want to play. This is assuming I could actually not butcher iambic pentameter. Here's the top 10, in rough order:
  • Portia (Merchant of Venice- hands down, the absolute best role Will ever wrote for women...even though women didn't originally play her)
  • Puck (Midsummer Night's Dream)
  • Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing)
  • Rosalind (As You Like It)
  • Kate (Taming of the Shrew)
  • Iago (Othello- wouldn't that be fascinating?)
  • Lady Macbeth (Macbeth)
  • Nurse (Romeo and Juliet)
  • Olivia (Twelfth Night)
and not quite sure about this one, but we'll throw it in...
  • Tamora (Titus Andronicus-- maybe? Not sure about that one...but maybe...)

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if someone offered you a role in a Shakespeare play for students... would you do it?

cuz I may have a play for you...

we should talk.

G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home