Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Unwind

Wow, what a weekend. Here are some highlights and what I've been doing to unwind:
  • Reconnected with my old friend Mike Jeffries from Dauphin Way Baptist Church days. It's really cool to see how God is using a lot of my buddies from that place.
  • Preached the second message of our How series at NCC-- How to Read the Bible. It was painfully practical, yet I felt more inspired and excited about that message than just about any other I've ever preached. It's so important that we be swept into the Word of God.
  • So excited I got to sit down and watch the Cowboys and Giants. Bummed about the outcome, though.
  • Ryan fixed our washing machine. YAY!
  • Finished Disc 3 of Lost Season 3.
  • We have cable now. It's a whole new world. That guy on Man vs. Wild is crazy.
  • I can't wait for Leadership Retreat.
  • Ryan's oatmeal pancakes are amazing.
Okay, that's all. Gonna go read some...

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mary Abigail said...

I want the oatmeal pancake recipe!!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Laura Mc said...

you left out that you got to talk to your sister for 30 minutes Sunday afternoon. That is a rare treat with your hectic schedule and mine keeping up with Ruthie. :o)

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

MA- I'll try to get you that recipe.

Laura-- true, true indeed! Even in the midst of washer problems!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home