Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mike Mathews

I've got to give a shout-out to one of my new favorite people on the blogger scene- Mike Mathews. Actually, this is one of my favorite people in the history of the world. Mike and Patti Mathews have been friends of my parents/family for years, and they have both made significant investments in my life. I can't think of a major life/career/spiritual decision that didn't involve Mike in some way. He's got tons of experience and wisdom, and encouragement flows out of his mouth constantly.

He's recently taken a new post as Director of Education at First Baptist Pearland in Texas, and he's building so many amazing discipleship opportunities there that it's making my head spin!

I started this post to introduce you to a new blogger, but as I keep writing, I feel like I just need to give honor to this incredible father in the faith in my life. He's definitely been a Paul in my life, and I'm so thankful that he's only a phone call or email away.

Take some time to think of the people who have invested in your life. Then send them a note of thanks for their influence.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to Heather's comment about Mike. Having lost the link to Mike's blog I did a google search. Didn't know there were so many Mike Mathews. Found the right one. Was honored to be a member of Mike's church in Texas City, Texas. Visited him often when when he left to pastor other Churches. Also had the opportunity to visit the Holy Land and Egypt on one of his many Educational Opportunities. Was priviledged to attend the Weddings of his Children and now seeing his grandchildren grow.

Jack Church, CPA, CFE, Conroe, Texas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home