Friday, May 16, 2008

Have I Lost My Mind?

Well, I bit the bullet and decided to do it. I'm leading another Women in Leadership group. :) My good friend Christy Tanious and I led it together about 3 years ago, and I figured it was time to run it again. This time, we'll do it in the morning, and we'll probably limit the size.

We'll be exploring the unique challenges, chaos, and craziness of being a leader in a woman's body. We'll wrestle with the tension of leadership and femininity and hopefully encourage and pray for some people along the way.

I do not feel like it's my calling to push women into leadership positions. But I do feel a sense of responsibility to and compassion for those who wrestle with this stuff-- whether they are on the Hill, in academia, in business, in ministry, in the home, or wherever they might be.

5 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger shuttergrace said...

this is good...very good...for you and the women you will be leading. There I said it, I mean it...and that's that ;-) Plus, you and Christy -- well now, that's just an awesome experience in the making.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Well, I'm not sure I'll be able to twist Christy's arm into being involved again, but I guess I should try! :)

Thanks, McGowan.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Christina Regule said...

Hey Heather! What do we need to do to get on this waiting list?

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

My husband and I just finished preaching a series on Men and Women, which included women in leadership. I am sure you are familiar with it, but in case you aren't I just wanted to throw out a recommendation for an absolutely AMAZING book on the subject called "Men & Women in the Church: Building Consensus on Christian Leadership" by Dr. Sarah Sumner. I have found this book to be so absolutely articulate, scripturally sound and written in a open, humble tone. We are recommending it to practically everyone we know; I feel like it's a must read for everyone (men and women) in any type of church leadership.

Anyway, as I said, you may already be familiar with it, but it's been such a helpful resource to us, I just couldn't not say something! :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Christina- you are on the list.

Jessi- thanks for the recommendation. Sumner's book is excellent, Biblical, and balanced. It was very helpful to me several years ago as I was trying to decide whether or not to pursue full-time ministry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home