Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Theological Dilemmas

Can I share with you one of my theological dilemmas? It's one of those things that keeps me awake and night and stirs my soul in the morning. I think about this all the time and can't quite determine what I think. It ranks right up there with Calvinism and Arminianism. With pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, no-trib. With atonement theories. Here it is...

Will there be BBQ in heaven? :)

It's against Jewish dietary law. But I'm a new covenant Gentile Christ follower. Will there be BBQ? And if so, will it be Memphis BBQ?

For whatever it's worth, there's BBQ in South Carolina. We are here for Multi-Site Exposed Conference, and in the past 18 hours, I've eaten both Sticky Fingers and Shane's Rib Shack. So good. So good. Let's hope it shows up at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Sammy said...

My grandfather assured me there would be cigarette trees in heaven, so I'm thinking anything is possible.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good BBQ, I'm going to just keep repeating to myself...

Thou shalt not covet... thou shalt not covet... thou shalt not covet.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our God is an "all consuming fire," how could He not appreciate a fire pit? Last I checked, all OT sacrifices were basically un-controlled BBQs...

Great seeing you at the MSE in SC. Good stuff happening and I look forward to tracking on the discipleship/group world arena.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home