Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Two Statements

We are starting a new sermon series this weekend called Prison in which we will walk through the book of Philippians. As I study, I'm struck by the fact that Paul had great awareness of and confidence in what his life was about-- and that enabled him to live beyond his circumstances and beyond the walls of his prison cell. In the first chapter alone, he states with no hesitation or reservation that his life is about the Gospel and that he doesn't fear death because God will be glorified regardless of whether he lives or dies. As he reflected on his life, he could complete the following sentences:

My life is about...

I do not fear death because...

When we know how to complete those two statements ourselves, we can experience life the way God created us to live it.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I know how to complete the first statement. Its what I've been desiring all along.

My life is about--learning how to have relationship...intimate relationship with the Father and with other people.

I think that it is out of this first statement, my second state will eventually come into fruition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home