Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blogs I Read: Josh Karrer

Today's post is going to focus on church planter extraordinaire Josh Karrer. Josh and Beth served on staff at National Community Church for a few years and Josh became our church-planter-in-residence. It was with a mixture of joy and sadness that we kicked them down to the Richmond area to start their own church, Crossings. Ryan and I had the privilege of hanging out with them last summer, and it was awesome to see the amazing people that God has brought into their church.

I'm most impressed with the way that Josh is willing to experiment. I honestly believe the greatest creativity is not coming out of places like Willow Creek and Life Church-- as much as I love those places-- I believe it is coming out of small church planters who are willing to risk more because they don't have as much to lose...though actually, they have everything to lose!

Josh sponsored a Screen on the Green that reached more people weekly than the average weekly attendance of his chuch. He is also a Chipotle Burrito Ambassador. Josh regularly posts about sermon series ideas, including Christmas, Refocused Recession, and (my personal favorite) Seven Deadly Sins.

I also love the way this church celebrates. Check out their birthday celebration and their volunteer appreciation.

The blog is also sprinkled with Josh's thoughts on personal growth and church growth. He is constantly learning and growing, and it's fun to learn with him.

I read Josh's blog, and you should, too.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Josh Karrer said...

Thanks for the props. Now the pressures on to say something worth while. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home