Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blogs I Read: Mind Muse

I read Mind Muse because Will Johnston is a cross-pollinator. And I love cross-pollinators. Will recently left a career on Capitol Hill to enter the Protege Program at National Community Church. Pray for him (and his wonderful wife Rachel) because the poor kid got stuck in my department.

Mind Muse is a masterful blend of Will's interests and skills-- relationships and community, technology, politics, theology, creativity and lots of other stuff. The blog is also something of a personal journal, as he records in ridiculous detail content from conference sessions he has attended, books he is reading, and assignments he is completing. I appreciate the way he uses his blog to engage in conversation and debate-- check out his post in response to Ed Stetzer's comments on Twitter.

Will is a creative initiator, and we are so thrilled to have on our team. And by the way, he is going to Ethiopia in March and is raising funds for that. Consider supporting the guy. I know what our Proteges make, and it's not much. Okay, it's nothing.

I read Will's blog, and you should, too.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Mike Sharrow said...

Heather - I hear the Wild Good Chase SG materials won't hit mainstreet until Aug 09...any chances on getting a peak earlier than that? We had bounced around idea of doing a "campaign" type run at WGC with sermon/group alignment, but need to check out the materials before giving it calendar space. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Mike- I was thinking that the curriculum would be released late spring 2009, but I could be wrong. In the meantime, the trade book does include group discussion questions in the back of the chapters.

Email me and we can talk more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home