Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jerusalem in the Mail


Three years ago, I went to Jerusalem on a pilgrimage with 6 other clergy from various denominations. The purpose-- to determine if we could lay aside our theological and methodological differences and find common ground in our pursuit of Jesus Christ. It was one of the most transformational experiences of my life.

While on the trip, a film crew followed us and collected over 90 hours of footage and interviews for the purpose of potentially creating a documentary. I just received an email from the producer today to let us know a rough cut is in the mail to each of us.

There's still a long way to go...final editing, negotiations with distribution companies, etc. But we'll be able to see it close to final form. I'm simultaneously looking forward to and nervous about watching it. And trying to figure out whether I want to watch the DVD initially by myself or with friends.

You can check out the trailer here.

6 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

I feel the same way, Heather. Can't wait to see the story it tells.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to see it with friends so we can laugh at...I mean WITH you :).
Leslie

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger regena sawyer said...

How exciting. Bring it home when you come for Christmas.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Mary Abigail said...

totally watch it by yourself first!!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is definitely a moment for the HMs.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger paint_pants said...

oh man! Would love to see it some time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home