Sunday, December 07, 2008

Great Weekend

Wow. What an awesome and packed weekend. Here's the rundown:

Continued our "Gift" series at our weekend services. Talked about the gift of peace. Tough topic for me and definitely stretched me as a communicator. I wasn't feeling the flow of it at all on Saturday night, but I really enjoyed it today. I'll post some additional thoughts later.

Met Stovall Weems, pastor of Celebration Church in Jacksonville, FL and David Stine of DC Metro Church here in DC. Great LSU connections. Stovall was a legend on the LSU campus, and I was really excited to finally connect with him face to face.

Bid "good riddance" to Ian and Bekah Kitterman at our official Good Riddance Party on Saturday night. So cool to see the lives they have touched in the short time they've been here in DC. We are kicking them out of the country in a month so Ian can pursue his last semester of law school in London and Bekah can dream up the next few years of her life. I'm super proud of them.

Northern Ireland Team meeting today. Wow!! This is going to be an awesome super dooper trip. Did I just say "super dooper?" Oh well. Our team is solid and I'm really excited about meeting up with the guys at Cornerstone City Fellowship.

Kingstowne Launch Team Informational meeting tonight at Uno's Kingstowne. WOW!!! NCC is launching it's 5th location on February 8, and over 60 people came out tonight to be a part of this awesome new team. Great job, Pastor Chris.

I can't believe I get to do what I get to do. I'm so thankful for my amazing job, incredible friends, and the blessing of doing life and ministry with people you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home