Best. Retreat. Ever. Period.
We will try to get some resources and video posted somewhere soon, but in the meantime, here are some of my favorite moments:
- Passing out bananas to our key leadership retreat staff on Friday morning (inside joke)
- Will Johnston, "live" from Ebenezers, grating cheese to demonstrate "greater things."
- John Hasler, aka, "J. J. Barracuda," talking about the 09 Groove Lounge.
- NCCers posting greater things dreams and goals and prayers on sticky notes on the wall.
- Proteges suiting up to welcome our leaders to the retreat.
- Watching our staff greet people as they entered the retreat location.
- Singing "God of this City" with 180 passionate leaders.
- Someone brought me a Cracker Barrel bag with a box of CHOCOLATE moonpies. THANK YOU to whoever that was!
- Min Kim giving me two Snickers bars. Yes-- best candy ever.
- Saturday morning- Pastor Mark taking us back to our corporate and individual genesis stories.
- "Are You Smarter Than a Protege?"
- Jonathan Shradar. 'Nuff said.
- Joel taking us to the edge of the vision cliff.
- Praying for our leaders at the communion/commissioning. There is no greater honor.
- The newspaper was AWESOME. Thanks Will Johnston and Yeti.
- Following the Twitter traffic.
- Listening to our amazing small group leaders teach breakout sessions.
- Chase the Yeti!!
Thanks to our hard-working Proteges for creating fantastic videos (Dave Schmidgall and Brad McMath), creating a welcoming and exciting environment at the retreat center, and going the extra mile to love on our leaders.
Thanks to Jonathan Shradar-- for keeping the retreat moving, fun, and inspirational.
Thanks to Jeremy Sexton for working ridiculous hours to brand the retreat experience and create three times the number of videos we typically do for retreat.
Thanks to Maegan and Dasha for keeping us sane, organized, and logistically proficient. Even when we are driving them insane. :)
Thanks to Steph and the band for some of the best worship moments we've ever had on retreat.
Thanks to David Russell for navigating truck issues!
Thanks to my boys- John Hasler and Will Johnston-- for making life and ministry so much fun.
And thanks for my amazing husband Ryan Zempel, who encourages me, prays for me, and loves me ridiculously.