Monday, February 02, 2009

Writers on Writing: Nabokov

Russian writer Vladimir Nabokov (Lolita) said:
The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.

That's fascinating to me as a writer. It's also fascinating to me as a Christ-follower. We are created in the image of God, but sin has marred and hidden that DNA. There are God-ordained passions, dreams, and gifts written on our hearts that are clamoring to become visible. We need the Holy Spirit to spring them to life.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger paint_pants said...

this is an intriguing quote. I like it a lot, but foremost it reminds me of things I heard about Michelangelo and how he would release the sculptures from their captivity in the stones. Kind of Platonic of them..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home