Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's Challenging Me Today

“Half the world is starving; the other half is on a diet. We are not privileged because we deserve to be. Privilege accepted should mean responsibility accepted.”
- Madeleine L'Engle

“If anyone among them comes into want while they themselves have nothing to spare, they fast for two or three days for him. In this way they can supply any poor man with the food he needs."
-Aristides of Athens

"The kingdom of God is found in the dirty, grimy, common places of the world. And in his presence, we are all changed."
- Kevin Blue

"The road to holiness necessarily passes through the world of action."
- Dag Hammarskjold

"I came to realize that preachers were telling me to lay my life at the foot of the cross and weren’t giving me anything to pick up."
- Shane Claiborne

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Deep thoughts and challenging words! Pastor Heather, even those words are challenging, it's an encouragment to me knowing that I am not alone about 'loving the neighbor' is hard challenge! Thank you! -Min

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Though I never met her, I consider Madeleine L'Engle to be a mentor. She's always challenged me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home