Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hunger

I had the privilege of hanging out with several dozen leaders from Westover Hills Assembly of God in San Antonio, Texas this past weekend. This awesome church is about to launch a major small group initiative in the fall, and I was asked to talk to their leadership about healthy leaders and healthy groups. I also got to tour the Alamo, which has been a dream since watching a certain movie from the 1980s in which it was featured...along with a shiny red bicycle.

Anyway...I learned that I really love talking to leaders who are hungry. There was such a sense of anticipation and excitement in that room. It was full of people who believed that God wanted to do something important in their church and in their community. Hunger. Hungry for God. Hungry to grow. Hungry to learn. I love speaking in environments like that. But more importantly, I'm challenged. Challenged to hunger for God's presence, to desire to grow in my leaders, a longing to see the people of God connected and on mission about something bigger than themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home