Monday, July 27, 2009

Dyno

In rock climbing, there is a gutsy, dangerous move called a "dyno." It happens when you cannot make the next move without removing all contact points with the rock face. In laymen's terms, it would be called a leap or a jump.

I just did a dyno.

For the past year, I've been sensing that we need to make some changes in the way we coach and care for leaders at NCC. Seven years ago, I created a system of zone leaders and team leaders to provide discipleship, pastoral care, and leadership development to our small group leaders. In short, our small groups at NCC have outgrown the structure that was created to support them. So we need a new plan. So today, I blew it up. Operation Ka-Boom.

I'm sure most leadership books would encourage having another plan in place, a transitional team, a slow fade process...but sometimes, you just have to go for it. Today, that meant a dyno. And I'm looking forward to what's next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home